Regional Private Sector Integration Plan
The Private Sector Integration Plan includes two main components that bridge gaps between the private sector and the government: guidelines for establishing a Business Coordination Center (BCC) and a Business Recovery Center (BRC). The BRC focuses on integrating the private sector into the EOC and the BRC provides guidance on how to set up facilities at which businesses can receive assistance after an incident.
The Private Sector Integration Plan will:
- Gain representation from a variety of private sector organizations and promote participation from different businesses—potentially competitors—within each sector
- Encourage lasting relationships between the public and private sectors and weave together existing recovery operations for mutual benefit
- Anticipate potential needs of the private sector, in both recovering its own operations and providing assistance to the Region.
- Foster Regional coordination by developing plans for a Business Coordination Center (BCC). Part of an emergency operations center or joint field office, BCC operations will include a public-facing virtual dashboard for information sharing, as well as a private-sector interagency task force enhancing linkage between the private sector and the government.
- Facilitate the development of Business Recovery Center(s), a one-stop shop for businesses to receive direction, information, and resources.